East Bay News
Survey names UC Berkeley top 10 value college
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A new survey released Thursday names UC Berkeley as one of the top 10 public colleges with the best value. Cal came in 9th on Kiplinger's list of the 100 public colleges and universities with the best value.
For in-state students, it costs about $29,000 total to attend UC Berkeley. On average, students graduate with about $18,000 in debt. For the quality of the education, Kiplinger says it's a bargain.
Rounding out the top five schools -- UCLA came in fifth, College of William of Mary in Virginia came in fourth, University of Florida came in third, the University of Virginia came in second, and UNC Chapel Hill ranked number one.
uc berkeley, east bay news
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- Barry Bonds back in Giants uniform as camp coach 41 min ago
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil' 39 min ago
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd 16 min ago