East Bay News
Woman killed in vehicle crash at Port of Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A woman was killed and another was injured in a vehicle collision at the Port of Oakland this morning, according to police.
Officers said that two women were traveling in a vehicle in the 500 block of Maritime Street near Seventh Street at about 12:06 a.m., when the driver crashed the vehicle into a pole, police said.
The driver was transported to a local hospital where she was pronounced deceased, according to police.
According to officers, the vehicle's passenger was also injured during the collision and was transported to a nearby hospital with injuries not considered life-threatening.
The cause of the collision remains under investigation this morning, police said.
port of oakland, oakland, crash, east bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos