East Bay News
Richmond gang rape defendant to serve 6 years in prison
RICHMOND, Calif. (KGO) -- One of the men involved in the 2009 gang rape of a Richmond High School student has agreed to serve six years in state prison.
Elvis Torrentes pleaded guilty on Thursday to his involvement in the rape of the 16-year-old girl.
He faced the fewest charges of the six defendants in the case.
Without Thursday's plea deal, Torrentes could have received a maximum of 26 years in prison.
richmond, richmond rape, trials, sex crimes, crime, east bay news
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California 51 min ago
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond 24 min ago
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Los Angeles subway dig finds prehistoric artifacts
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos