East Bay News
Richmond gang rape defendant to serve 6 years in prison
RICHMOND, Calif. (KGO) -- One of the men involved in the 2009 gang rape of a Richmond High School student has agreed to serve six years in state prison.
Elvis Torrentes pleaded guilty on Thursday to his involvement in the rape of the 16-year-old girl.
He faced the fewest charges of the six defendants in the case.
Without Thursday's plea deal, Torrentes could have received a maximum of 26 years in prison.
richmond, richmond rape, trials, sex crimes, crime, east bay news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 28 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 13 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years 17 min ago
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Body found at dump; Bicycle Share expansion
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
28 min ago