East Bay News
Richmond gang rape defendant to serve 6 years in prison
RICHMOND, Calif. (KGO) -- One of the men involved in the 2009 gang rape of a Richmond High School student has agreed to serve six years in state prison.
Elvis Torrentes pleaded guilty on Thursday to his involvement in the rape of the 16-year-old girl.
He faced the fewest charges of the six defendants in the case.
Without Thursday's plea deal, Torrentes could have received a maximum of 26 years in prison.
richmond, richmond rape, trials, sex crimes, crime, east bay news
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Deadline looms to complete Covered CA applications
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- Sobrato family makes mark on South Bay
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Sonoma County crash; Sunday parking in SF
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
57 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos