East Bay News
Man fatally shot near elementary school in Oakley
OAKLEY, Calif. -- A 23-year-old man was killed by gunfire on a sidewalk near an elementary school in Oakley Sunday morning, according to police.
At about 11:40 a.m., police were dispatched to a report of a shooting in the 500 block of Norcross Lane near Oakley Elementary School.
Officers arrived at the scene and found a man on the sidewalk in front of a residence.
The 23-year-old man was suffering from a gunshot wound and was pronounced deceased by paramedics at the scene, police said.
The incident is being investigated as a homicide. No motive has been established yet and the identity of the deceased man is being withheld pending notification of his next of kin, according to police.
Anyone with any information about the homicide is asked to call the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office at (925) 646-2441.
Tips may be sent via an anonymous voice message to (866) 846-3592.
oakley, shooting, crime, violence, east bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse 18 min ago
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults 33 min ago
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 17 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault 51 min ago
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS 43 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills...
43 min ago