East Bay News
Suspect fatally shot by CHP officer in East Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Authorities are investigating a fatal CHP shooting in East Oakland last night after a chase. A suspect was shot by an officer around 9 p.m. on Wentworth Avenue near Bancroft Avenue.
Officers say it started when they tried to pull an SUV over. They say one of the passengers tried to run and turned at the officer with a gun. The officer shot the suspect, who died at the scene. Investigators say a loaded gun was found. The driver of the SUV took off.
Police are looking for the driver and other passengers who were in the SUV.
oakland, crime, CHP, shooting, east bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case