East Bay News
Suspect fatally shot by CHP officer in East Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Authorities are investigating a fatal CHP shooting in East Oakland last night after a chase. A suspect was shot by an officer around 9 p.m. on Wentworth Avenue near Bancroft Avenue.
Officers say it started when they tried to pull an SUV over. They say one of the passengers tried to run and turned at the officer with a gun. The officer shot the suspect, who died at the scene. Investigators say a loaded gun was found. The driver of the SUV took off.
Police are looking for the driver and other passengers who were in the SUV.
oakland, crime, CHP, shooting, east bay news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District 47 min ago
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 20 min ago
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens 20 min ago
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 19 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at... 27 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
47 min ago
- Should you be concerned about living on the...
36 min ago
- 'Science cheerleaders' send experiment into...
41 min ago