East Bay News
Pedestrian fatally struck by several vehicles on Highway 24
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- CHP officers are investigating after a person was fatally struck by several cars on Highway 24 in Oakland.
The accident occurred at 11 p.m. on Friday.
Police say it's unclear how the victim ended up on that freeway.
THe CHP initally got calls about a disabled motorcycle on eastbound Interstate Highway 980, which is a transition roadway located above Highway 24.
"When our units arrived on scene we found a motorcycle. We did not find any occupants near that motorcycle. Several minutes later we got calls of a pedestrian that was possibly struck by vehicles and we responded to the scene here and confirmed that. We have a few vehicles that did stop and we are investigating exactly how this person ended up on the freeway and how many vehicles possibly may have struck the person," Sgt. Bradford said.
Interstate Highway 980 was closed for two hours while the CHP investigated the accident, but it has since re-opened.
crash, oakland, highway 24, I-980, east bay news
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting arrested 1 min ago
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85 12 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 3 min ago
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack 44 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Suspect in San Francisco police shooting...
1 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
3 min ago