East Bay News
Crews put out patio fire at market near Lake Merritt
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Firefighters have extinguished a one-alarm fire that broke out in the patio area of a convenience store near Oakland's Lake Merritt Saturday morning, according to an Oakland fire dispatcher.
The blaze was reported around 6:50 a.m. at Lake Merritt Super, a market located at 346 Grand Ave., the dispatcher said.
The fire does not appear to have spread to the inside of the business, according to the dispatcher.
Firefighters were able to put out the fire by 7 a.m., he said.
No injuries were reported.
oakland, fire, lake merritt, east bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF 58 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week 27 min ago
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition 39 min ago
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
54 min ago
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
58 min ago