East Bay News
Pittsburg police investigating double-shooting
PITTSBURG, Calif. (KGO) -- Pittsburg police are looking at a new lead after a man and a woman were shot last night.
James Moore didn't know what to do when he heard gunfire outside his home around 10:40 last night on Heatherwood Drive and Limewood Place. Moore wanted to go out, but he was concerned that the shooter was not finished.
"I didn't know what to think; I wasn't sure if it was a grudge match, or fight, or something like that, so I just kind of waited for a few minutes then I came out and helped her out," said Moore.
Outside Moore discovered a 19-year-old woman in his flower bed who had been shot in the back and a 22-year-old man who had been shot in the arm and bullet holes on his property. The gunman got away.
"The shooter in this case is described as a male and he was driving a maroon colored vehicle," said Pittsburg Police Dept. Lt. Ron Raman.
Pittsburg police believe the two shooting victims had possibly just come from the scene of an armed robbery in Antioch.
"We do believe, based on some information that we have received, that our victims were involved in an incident earlier in which a pizza delivery person was robbed in Antioch. We are looking to see if the suspects' descriptions match our victims in the (Pittsburg) shooting," said Raman.
Police believe at least one of the shooting victims lives in the Pittsburg neighborhood and the two were walking towards that home. Moore said he didn't recognize the victims and he said all the woman said was 'take me to the hospital.'
The gunshot victims are in stable condition.
Pittsburg police did not elaborate on their investigation, but did say they have a lot of good information and leads.
pittsburg, shooting, crime, east bay news, amy hollyfield
- SFPD SWAT in standoff with shooting suspect
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos