East Bay News
Delta flight evacuates at Oakland Airport due to smoke
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Wednesday night at the Oakland International Airport, passengers said a flight had to make an emergency evacuation at the gate after it safely landed because of smoke in the plane.
The video was shot by Linton Johnson, a passenger onboard the Delta connection Flight 4454, which was operated by SkyWest. Johnson said on his Facebook page that the plane's cabin filled with smoke and that the flight attendants yelled at passengers to exit the plane. The video shows a chaotic scene.
The Oakland Fire Department told ABC7 News they responded to the gate for a red alert.
The flight was flying from LA to Oakland and landed at 9:17 p.m. The emergency chutes were not deployed and the passengers exited through the main cabin door. As passengers exited the plane they were wondering exactly what happened.
The passengers were told to quickly evacuate the plane at the gate. There were 75 passengers were on board and there were four crew members. No one was injured.
A SkyWest spokesperson tells ABC7 News the source of the smoke came from an air conditioning pack and was not electrical.
Crews will inspect the plane overnight.
oakland, oakland international airport, evacuation, east bay news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF 8 min ago
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration...
8 min ago