Inland Empire News
Chino bomb scare prompts hunt for suspect
CHINO, Calif. -- A search was underway Tuesday morning for whoever planted three homemade explosives in a neighborhood in Chino.
The devices were found near Fillmore Street and Cypress Avenue around 8 p.m. Monday. Neighbors say they saw someone trying to light two plastic bottles on fire. When police arrived, they couldn't find a suspect.
They later found a third device. The Ontario Bomb Squad was called and rendered the devices safe.
There was no damage and no one was hurt in the incident.
san bernardino county, inland empire news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- Helen Mirren steps in to help grant dying boy's wish
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday