Los Angeles News
Man shot to death in LA's Fairfax District
LOS ANGELES -- A man was shot to death in a normally quiet neighborhood in Los Angeles' Fairfax District on Thursday.
Authorities say the body was found right outside the door on the 300 block of North Laurel Avenue at about 11 a.m. The victim was discovered by a coworker who came by to check on him when he didn't show up to work.
Neighbors say they heard gunshots around 2 a.m., but they didn't call police thinking it was part of Halloween festivities in the area. One neighbor said he saw people coming and going on Wednesday night.
The man, whose name has not been released pending notification of next of kin, was identified only as a white male in his 40s. Police say he lived alone.
LAPD detectives are investigating. A motive has not been determined. No further details were immediately available.
Anyone with information is urged to call the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
shooting, homicide investigation, los angeles news, rudabeh shahbazi
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos