Los Angeles News
Man shot to death in LA's Fairfax District
LOS ANGELES -- A man was shot to death in a normally quiet neighborhood in Los Angeles' Fairfax District on Thursday.
Authorities say the body was found right outside the door on the 300 block of North Laurel Avenue at about 11 a.m. The victim was discovered by a coworker who came by to check on him when he didn't show up to work.
Neighbors say they heard gunshots around 2 a.m., but they didn't call police thinking it was part of Halloween festivities in the area. One neighbor said he saw people coming and going on Wednesday night.
The man, whose name has not been released pending notification of next of kin, was identified only as a white male in his 40s. Police say he lived alone.
LAPD detectives are investigating. A motive has not been determined. No further details were immediately available.
Anyone with information is urged to call the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
shooting, homicide investigation, los angeles news, rudabeh shahbazi
- Target apologizes after massive data breach
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam 31 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos