Los Angeles News
Man shot to death in LA's Fairfax District
LOS ANGELES -- A man was shot to death in a normally quiet neighborhood in Los Angeles' Fairfax District on Thursday.
Authorities say the body was found right outside the door on the 300 block of North Laurel Avenue at about 11 a.m. The victim was discovered by a coworker who came by to check on him when he didn't show up to work.
Neighbors say they heard gunshots around 2 a.m., but they didn't call police thinking it was part of Halloween festivities in the area. One neighbor said he saw people coming and going on Wednesday night.
The man, whose name has not been released pending notification of next of kin, was identified only as a white male in his 40s. Police say he lived alone.
LAPD detectives are investigating. A motive has not been determined. No further details were immediately available.
Anyone with information is urged to call the LAPD at (877) LAPD-24-7.
shooting, homicide investigation, los angeles news, rudabeh shahbazi
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move 33 min ago
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Victim of 2009 Richmond gang rape takes stand
- Floating floors put to the test by Consumer Reports
- Police ID Boulevard Burger armed robbery suspect
- Colma BART station reopened after fatality
- 7 construction workers, firefighter hurt in SF General fire
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after SF Hwy 101 crash
- Authorities: Unattended campfire caused Calif. fire
- Intel chief: NSA foiled dozens of terrorist plots
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: SF hospital fire; SF Giants unveil cafe
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 44 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
1 min ago
- Sports fans in San Jose ready to welcome A's
33 min ago
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia
17 min ago