Los Angeles News
405 North construction reduces Sepulveda Pass lanes over weekend
LOS ANGELES -- Construction on the 405 Freeway could mean potential traffic troubles around the Sepulveda Pass over the weekend.
The closures began Friday night. The northbound lanes were reduced from five lanes to two through the Sepulveda Pass.
The 55-hour closure will affect a 2.4-mile stretch from the Montana Avenue off-ramp to the Getty Center Drive off-ramp. Full freeway closures were scheduled Saturday from 1 a.m. to 6 a.m., Sunday from 2 a.m. to 7 a.m. and Monday from 12 a.m. to 5 a.m.
"What we're going to be doing is accomplishing months of work in a weekend period, so there's benefits to accelerating the project over the weekend. What we want to do is complete some pavement and striping work," said Dave Sotero with Metro.
The construction is all part of the Sepulveda Pass Improvement Project, which aims to create a 10-mile HOV lane along the 405 Freeway from the 10 to the 101.
The weekend work will include shifting K-rail and paving on the northbound lanes, making way for that HOV lane. Much of the same work has already been done on the southbound side during Carmageddon 2 last year.
As for alternates, drivers can use Sepulveda Boulevard, which will remain open. Commuters can also use the 101 and 5 freeways.
road closure, road construction, traffic delay, los angeles news
- Crews demolishing building in massive Mission Bay fire 30 min ago
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing 15 min ago
- Navy's new warship will travel to SF for Fleet Week
- SF police investigating shooting in the Outer Mission 27 min ago
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation 54 min ago
- Parents rally after assaults at elementary schools
- Recall issued for Fitbit Force over skin problems
- Man accused of shooting SF police officer facing assault charges
- No fault in how Children's Hospital handled gir's surgeries
- Family's plea helps get dying boy experimental drug
- Florida police give 'ticket' to 2-year-old driver
- roundup: Fatal motorcycle accident; Watsonville...
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos