Los Angeles News
Firefighter injured in Carson building fire
CARSON, Calif. -- A firefighter was injured while battling a two-alarm building fire in Carson on Saturday.
The blaze erupted on the 18000 block of South Broadway at about 6 a.m.
In addition to the firefighter, another person inside the building was also injured. The extent of their injuries was not released.
Massive flames and huge plumes of smoke shot out from the building. It took fire crews about an hour to get the blaze under control.
Officials say the building houses a factory that manufactures missile parts.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
fire, los angeles news
- Man killed after metal pipe crashes into car on I-580 14 min ago
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town 26 min ago
- Passenger vehicles face surprise inspections at SFO
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- 49ers fear Michael Crabtree has torn Achilles
- IRS official Lois Lerner: I did nothing wrong
- Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor over Greuel
- Snacking deputy's crash costs Santa Clara Co. $5M 26 min ago
- Rankings released of best and worst airlines
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Harvey Milk events; SF shooting 37 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town
26 min ago