Los Angeles News
Firefighter injured in Carson building fire
CARSON, Calif. -- A firefighter was injured while battling a two-alarm building fire in Carson on Saturday.
The blaze erupted on the 18000 block of South Broadway at about 6 a.m.
In addition to the firefighter, another person inside the building was also injured. The extent of their injuries was not released.
Massive flames and huge plumes of smoke shot out from the building. It took fire crews about an hour to get the blaze under control.
Officials say the building houses a factory that manufactures missile parts.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
fire, los angeles news
- Freeze Warning remains in effect across Bay Area
- World mourns death of Nelson Mandela 42 min ago
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Shelter-in-place advisory lifted for Pittsburg residents
- Speeding driver rear-ends San Jose police officer 44 min ago
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added 36 min ago
- Statewide AMBER Alert for Washington girl
- Bay Area mourns death of Nelson Mandela
- Parents sound off on baby seat with iPad-holder
- Teen arrested in theft of part from Paul Walker crash
- Teens arrested for alleged gang rape near Richmond
- abcnews: 5 unexpected facts about Nelson Mandela
- roundup: Hate crime task force; Suspect fatally shot
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos