Los Angeles News
La Canada High School student dies after falling off campus building
LA CAÑADA FLINTRIDGE, Calif. -- A La Canada High School student has died after he fell off a campus building.
The incident happened about an hour after classes were dismissed on Friday.
School and law enforcement officials say no foul play was involved, but they wouldn't discuss further details out of consideration for the family and the ongoing investigation.
A woman who came to offer her support said she knows the boy's mother.
"She's a single parent and she's got four beautiful children, and I believe he was the oldest," she said.
The school district is providing crisis counseling for any families that request it. All school events planned for the weekend have been canceled.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
school, los angeles news
- Teen survives flight from SJC to Hawaii in wheel well
- PG&E to be arraigned in fatal San Bruno blast
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Barricaded man taken into custody in San Jose
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal shooting in Concord; Piedmont landslide
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
59 min ago