Los Angeles News
La Canada High School student dies after falling off campus building
LA CAÑADA FLINTRIDGE, Calif. -- A La Canada High School student has died after he fell off a campus building.
The incident happened about an hour after classes were dismissed on Friday.
School and law enforcement officials say no foul play was involved, but they wouldn't discuss further details out of consideration for the family and the ongoing investigation.
A woman who came to offer her support said she knows the boy's mother.
"She's a single parent and she's got four beautiful children, and I believe he was the oldest," she said.
The school district is providing crisis counseling for any families that request it. All school events planned for the weekend have been canceled.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
school, los angeles news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos