Los Angeles News
La Canada High School student dies after falling off campus building
LA CAÑADA FLINTRIDGE, Calif. -- A La Canada High School student has died after he fell off a campus building.
The incident happened about an hour after classes were dismissed on Friday.
School and law enforcement officials say no foul play was involved, but they wouldn't discuss further details out of consideration for the family and the ongoing investigation.
A woman who came to offer her support said she knows the boy's mother.
"She's a single parent and she's got four beautiful children, and I believe he was the oldest," she said.
The school district is providing crisis counseling for any families that request it. All school events planned for the weekend have been canceled.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
school, los angeles news
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies 26 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos