Los Angeles News
Maywood fatal shooting under investigation
MAYWOOD -- A homicide investigation is under way in Maywood after a man was shot to death in his backyard Saturday.
The shooting occurred in the 3800 block of East 52nd Street at approximately 3:30 a.m.
Police say the victim, identified as a 26-year-old Hispanic male, was shot one time in the upper torso and died at the scene.
His identity has not been released pending notification of kin.
The motive for the shooting remains unknown. Police have no suspect or vehicle information.
Anyone with more information regarding the murder was asked to contact the sheriff's homicide bureau at (323) 890-5500.
homicide investigation, shooting, los angeles news
- Officials to give update on new Bay Bridge bolts 5 min ago
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Richmond postpones suing Chevron over refinery fire
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire 51 min ago
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos