Los Angeles News
Maywood fatal shooting under investigation
MAYWOOD -- A homicide investigation is under way in Maywood after a man was shot to death in his backyard Saturday.
The shooting occurred in the 3800 block of East 52nd Street at approximately 3:30 a.m.
Police say the victim, identified as a 26-year-old Hispanic male, was shot one time in the upper torso and died at the scene.
His identity has not been released pending notification of kin.
The motive for the shooting remains unknown. Police have no suspect or vehicle information.
Anyone with more information regarding the murder was asked to contact the sheriff's homicide bureau at (323) 890-5500.
homicide investigation, shooting, los angeles news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire