Los Angeles News
5 Freeway hit-and-run victim ran onto road
EAST LOS ANGELES -- A man was killed Sunday after he ran onto the 5 Freeway in East Los Angeles and was struck by at least one car.
The incident happened shortly before 3 a.m. on the southbound side of the freeway near the Triggs Street exit. California Highway Patrol officers shut down multiple lanes for hours to conduct their investigation. All lanes have since reopened.
CHP investigators told Eyewitness News that an unknown number of drivers struck the man and didn't stop. The case is being investigated as a hit-and-run.
One vehicle involved in the incident did stop, and investigators spoke with the driver.
It remains unknown why the man ran onto the freeway.
east los angeles, hit and run, car crash, road closure, los angeles news
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire 48 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- Northern California couple has rare triplets
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- FBI seeks 'Sports Cap Bandit' bank robbery suspect
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Batkid back in SF; Fremont burglar 52 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro...
48 min ago