North Bay News
Residents address crosswalk safety in Novato
NOVATO, CA (KGO) -- People who live in Novato aired their concerns and offered suggestions Monday night on how to make a road safer, after a 9-year-old girl was hit and killed while walking with her dad.
They attended a community meeting to address the accident, which happened on May 27, 2009 at the intersection of San Marin Drive and San Carlos Way.
Melody Osheroff died at the hospital and her father Aaron Osheroff lost a leg after they were hit by a motorcycle.
Police say there's a high volume of traffic on San Marin Drive, but not many collisions.
Still, neighbors want more to be done, such as adding embedded flashing lights at the intersections.
"I understand they're expensive to put in, and they're expensive to maintain, but I've seen several near misses," said neighbor Pamela Griffith Pond.
The motorcycle driver, Edward Schaeffer, was booked on several charges including a suspected DUI and vehicular manslaughter.
north bay news
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- East Palo Alto school introduces girls to aviation
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients 14 min ago
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- Bay Area Rosie the Riveters to meet Joe Biden in DC 35 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties 56 min ago
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 57 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
24 min ago