North Bay News
Man goes on ultimate job quest
NAPA, CA (KGO) -- A man who could not find a job decided to try 50 different jobs in 50 states. His last job ended in the Napa Valley Friday at a winery.
It was Daniel Seddiqui's first week on the job at a winery -- and also his last.
Abc7: "How many jobs have you had in the last year?"
Hold the judgment. Seddiqui has built that long resume as a means, not an end.
"You know, I was working in Atlanta, Georgia, selling kitchens in Home Depot and that when I was thinking, like, 'How did this happen with an econ degree from USC,'" Seddiqui said.
And so Seddiqui began the quest to find himself and America through 50 jobs in 50 states in 50 weeks.
Seddiqui taught surfing in Maui, packed meat in Kansas and caught lobster in Maine -- all in a time of unemployment and recession.
"I'm out there showing that if you're willing to work, you can find a job," Seddiqui said.
Seddiqui was always up-front about it, but still received some 5,000 rejections.
There was another unofficial goal. Because Seddiqui is single, besides 50 jobs in 50 states in 50 weeks, he also tried to go one 50 dates in 50 states in 50 weeks. He struck out in West Virginia and Wyoming.
After 50 jobs in 50 states in 50 weeks, Seddiqui is a man newly free from of obsession, in a country he now knows intimately.
"Land of opportunity, no doubt about it," Seddiqui said.
north bay news, wayne freedman
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz 34 min ago
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch 46 min ago
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke 22 min ago
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday