North Bay News
Examiner confirms H1N1 killed 6-year-old
VACAVILLE, CA (KGO) -- The Solano County medical examiner has confirmed that complications from the H1N1 virus caused the death of a 6-year-old Vacaville girl last month.
Alexis Clara was a first-grader at Browns Valley Elementary School. She was admitted to Vaca Valley Hospital on October 18th with flu-like symptoms.
She died the same day.
Officials quickly confirmed she had swine flu, but it took weeks of more testing to determine that it directly caused her death. Her school was closed for four days in October to disrupt the flu cycle.
san francisco examiner, north bay news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday