North Bay News
Examiner confirms H1N1 killed 6-year-old
VACAVILLE, CA (KGO) -- The Solano County medical examiner has confirmed that complications from the H1N1 virus caused the death of a 6-year-old Vacaville girl last month.
Alexis Clara was a first-grader at Browns Valley Elementary School. She was admitted to Vaca Valley Hospital on October 18th with flu-like symptoms.
She died the same day.
Officials quickly confirmed she had swine flu, but it took weeks of more testing to determine that it directly caused her death. Her school was closed for four days in October to disrupt the flu cycle.
san francisco examiner, north bay news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bay Area communities wake up to freezing temps
- Family, friends hold out hope for missing family
- Rally targets Sonoma County DA over teen's death
- San Jose firefighters battle mobile home park blaze
- Truck with radioactive load stolen in Mexico
- Man grabs iPhone from pregnant woman at hospital
- San Jose lingerie company taking on 'Fit Mom'
- New video released of suspect who threw 2 cats into bay
- USPS looking for volunteers to answer letters to Santa
- Lockheed Martin challenges engineers to build a car in 1 day
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SJ police contract; Construction moritorium
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday