North Bay News
2 juveniles arrested for auto burglary, theft
ROHNERT PARK, CA -- The Rohnert Park Department of Public Safety arrested two juveniles early Wednesday morning on suspicion of burglarizing one vehicle and stealing another.
An officer stopped a black Lexus sedan at about 2:30 a.m. after it pulled out of the parking lot of an apartment complex in the 100 block of Enterprise Drive without its headlights on.
The male juvenile driver and female juvenile passenger could not account for their presence in the area and the officer determined that the Lexus had been stolen from a home in Sebastopol Tuesday evening, police said.
Digital cameras, GPS units, Bluetooth devices and cell phones were found in the Lexus, police said.
Some of the items - one camera, one GPS unit and some automobile registration documents - had been stolen in an auto burglary in the 5200 block of Evonne Avenue in Rohnert Park Tuesday night, authorities said.
The juveniles were arrested and booked into juvenile hall for auto theft, auto burglary and possession of stolen property. Their names have been withheld because of their ages.
Police are investigating whether there are additional burglary victims.
rohnert park, north bay news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk 33 min ago
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash 57 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors put to the test
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday