North Bay News
2 juveniles arrested for auto burglary, theft
ROHNERT PARK, CA -- The Rohnert Park Department of Public Safety arrested two juveniles early Wednesday morning on suspicion of burglarizing one vehicle and stealing another.
An officer stopped a black Lexus sedan at about 2:30 a.m. after it pulled out of the parking lot of an apartment complex in the 100 block of Enterprise Drive without its headlights on.
The male juvenile driver and female juvenile passenger could not account for their presence in the area and the officer determined that the Lexus had been stolen from a home in Sebastopol Tuesday evening, police said.
Digital cameras, GPS units, Bluetooth devices and cell phones were found in the Lexus, police said.
Some of the items - one camera, one GPS unit and some automobile registration documents - had been stolen in an auto burglary in the 5200 block of Evonne Avenue in Rohnert Park Tuesday night, authorities said.
The juveniles were arrested and booked into juvenile hall for auto theft, auto burglary and possession of stolen property. Their names have been withheld because of their ages.
Police are investigating whether there are additional burglary victims.
rohnert park, north bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday