North Bay News
2 juveniles arrested for auto burglary, theft
ROHNERT PARK, CA -- The Rohnert Park Department of Public Safety arrested two juveniles early Wednesday morning on suspicion of burglarizing one vehicle and stealing another.
An officer stopped a black Lexus sedan at about 2:30 a.m. after it pulled out of the parking lot of an apartment complex in the 100 block of Enterprise Drive without its headlights on.
The male juvenile driver and female juvenile passenger could not account for their presence in the area and the officer determined that the Lexus had been stolen from a home in Sebastopol Tuesday evening, police said.
Digital cameras, GPS units, Bluetooth devices and cell phones were found in the Lexus, police said.
Some of the items - one camera, one GPS unit and some automobile registration documents - had been stolen in an auto burglary in the 5200 block of Evonne Avenue in Rohnert Park Tuesday night, authorities said.
The juveniles were arrested and booked into juvenile hall for auto theft, auto burglary and possession of stolen property. Their names have been withheld because of their ages.
Police are investigating whether there are additional burglary victims.
rohnert park, north bay news
- Asiana crash victim was run over twice
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak 10 min ago
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year 15 min ago
- Memorial takes place in SF to honor Mandela
- Man shot by deputy may be "Cotton Ball Bandit"
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Facebook to join S&P 500
- Volkswagen to end production of iconic 'Kombi' vans
- Runaway sisters found hiding in neighbor's home
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial 39 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- 7 On Your Side: Affordable home automation
9 min ago