North Bay News
8-year-old wins Dipsea running race
MILL VALLEY, CA (KGO) -- A little girl made history this weekend.
Reilly Johnson, 8, won the Dipsea running race on Sunday.
She beat more than 1,400 other runners in the 7.5 mile race from Mill Valley to Stinson Beach.
Even though certain age and gender categories get a head start, Reilly crossed the finish line first, so she is still considered the youngest winner ever in the 100 years The Dipsea Race has been around.
mill valley, north bay news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud 53 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District 35 min ago
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports 8 min ago
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens 8 min ago
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 7 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at... 15 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
35 min ago
- Should you be concerned about living on the...
24 min ago
- 'Science cheerleaders' send experiment into...
29 min ago