North Bay News
8-year-old wins Dipsea running race
MILL VALLEY, CA (KGO) -- A little girl made history this weekend.
Reilly Johnson, 8, won the Dipsea running race on Sunday.
She beat more than 1,400 other runners in the 7.5 mile race from Mill Valley to Stinson Beach.
Even though certain age and gender categories get a head start, Reilly crossed the finish line first, so she is still considered the youngest winner ever in the 100 years The Dipsea Race has been around.
mill valley, north bay news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Cal housing vote; Candlestick soccer 57 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday