North Bay News
8-year-old wins Dipsea running race
MILL VALLEY, CA (KGO) -- A little girl made history this weekend.
Reilly Johnson, 8, won the Dipsea running race on Sunday.
She beat more than 1,400 other runners in the 7.5 mile race from Mill Valley to Stinson Beach.
Even though certain age and gender categories get a head start, Reilly crossed the finish line first, so she is still considered the youngest winner ever in the 100 years The Dipsea Race has been around.
mill valley, north bay news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits 18 min ago
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting 17 min ago
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- 7OYS helps woman get refund after misleading ad
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: Murder trial; Bank robbery arrest
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to...
17 min ago