North Bay News
Cause of Larkspur house fire under investigation
LARKSPUR, CA -- The Larkspur Fire Department is investigating the cause of a fire at a two-story, single-family home this morning.
Fire Chief Robert Sinnott said the fire at 228 Madrone Ave. in Larkspur was reported at 11:45 a.m.
Flames were rising 20-30 feet above the roof when firefighters arrived, Sinnott said. No one was home at the time.
The blaze was confined to the house and no other homes were damaged, Sinnott said.
The house is in an open space area and firefighters were concerned about an ember shower igniting vegetation fires.
No injuries were reported, Sinnott said.
larkspur, fire, north bay news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos