North Bay News
Man does push-ups from Mill Valley to Golden Gate
MILL VALLEY, CA (KGO) -- You've heard of people biking across country, but how about doing push-ups across the county?
A Mill Valley man has done just that. It took 62-year old Joel Kirsch six weeks to push-up and jump his way from Novato to the Golden Gate Bridge -- a 35 mile journey.
Kirsch is about to launch a tuition-free private school and he did this to highlight the connect physical activity and academic performance.
He says the downhills are most challening because there's more weight on your hands.
For more information:
mill valley, golden gate bridge, north bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire