North Bay News
Man does push-ups from Mill Valley to Golden Gate
MILL VALLEY, CA (KGO) -- You've heard of people biking across country, but how about doing push-ups across the county?
A Mill Valley man has done just that. It took 62-year old Joel Kirsch six weeks to push-up and jump his way from Novato to the Golden Gate Bridge -- a 35 mile journey.
Kirsch is about to launch a tuition-free private school and he did this to highlight the connect physical activity and academic performance.
He says the downhills are most challening because there's more weight on your hands.
For more information:
mill valley, golden gate bridge, north bay news
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website 34 min ago
- A closer look at the America's Cup catamarans
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police 49 min ago
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- Millions to hit the roads this Memorial Day weekend
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- Top 10 items found during 2012 coastal cleanup
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Unsolved murder vigil; Oakland shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday