North Bay News
Man does push-ups from Mill Valley to Golden Gate
MILL VALLEY, CA (KGO) -- You've heard of people biking across country, but how about doing push-ups across the county?
A Mill Valley man has done just that. It took 62-year old Joel Kirsch six weeks to push-up and jump his way from Novato to the Golden Gate Bridge -- a 35 mile journey.
Kirsch is about to launch a tuition-free private school and he did this to highlight the connect physical activity and academic performance.
He says the downhills are most challening because there's more weight on your hands.
For more information:
mill valley, golden gate bridge, north bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court 39 min ago
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown