North Bay News
Firefighters battle 10-acre fire in Napa
CALISTOGA, CA (KGO) -- A fire burning near Calistoga has forced the closure of Highway 29, a roadway connecting Napa and Lake counties.
California Department of Forestry and Fire spokesman Daniel Berlant says the fire, first reported about 5 p.m. Friday, has consumed about 10 to 12 acres.
Berlant says initially "a number of homes" were threatened by the blaze, but crews have been able to stop the forward progression of the fire. Though the fire is not expanding, five homes remain threatened.
The fire is burning in an area of thick and heavy brush just north of Calistoga.
fire, napa, calistoga, north bay news
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 37 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos