North Bay News
Firefighters battle 10-acre fire in Napa
CALISTOGA, CA (KGO) -- A fire burning near Calistoga has forced the closure of Highway 29, a roadway connecting Napa and Lake counties.
California Department of Forestry and Fire spokesman Daniel Berlant says the fire, first reported about 5 p.m. Friday, has consumed about 10 to 12 acres.
Berlant says initially "a number of homes" were threatened by the blaze, but crews have been able to stop the forward progression of the fire. Though the fire is not expanding, five homes remain threatened.
The fire is burning in an area of thick and heavy brush just north of Calistoga.
fire, napa, calistoga, north bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 37 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed 35 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos