North Bay News
Two arrested in connection with Cotati burglary
COTATI, CA -- A woman was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of burglarizing a Cotati home and trading a stolen laptop computer for drugs, police said.
Police said a man woke up at about 7:50 a.m. Tuesday to find a woman inside his bedroom at his home in the 7500 block of Alder Avenue.
The woman fled with several items, and the man and his two roommates gave police a list of the stolen property, Sgt. Steven Bourns said.
Officer Chris Kaupe then learned the victim's credit cards had been used at several businesses in Cotati and Rohnert Park, Bourns said.
Kaupe obtained a photo and video of the woman had who used the credit cards, and the burglary victim identified her as the woman he had seen in his bedroom, Bourns said.
She was arrested in the parking lot of a Safeway store in Rohnert Park, Bourns said. Police identified her as 24-year-old Carissa Sypriano, of Cotati.
Police recovered some of the stolen property in her car and at her home and learned she had given a laptop computer taken in the burglary to Allen Ergenbright, 30, of Rohnert Park, in exchange for drugs, Bourns said.
Ergenbright, who was on felony probation, was arrested at his Rohnert Park home and booked into Sonoma County Jail for probation violation, possession of narcotics paraphernalia, possession of ammunition and sale of narcotics, Bourns said.
Sypriano was booked for residential and commercial burglary, possession of stolen property and identity theft, Bourns said.
Police said all the property taken in the burglary was recovered.
crime, cotati, north bay news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Deputy who fatally shot Andy Lopez to return to work
- 5 displaced in two-alarm apartment fire in Alameda
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday