North Bay News
Four arrested in alleged counterfeiting ring
SANTA ROSA, CA -- A Target store employee and three Cotati residents were arrested Monday in connection with an alleged counterfeit money ring, Santa Rosa police said.
Danna Anderson, 18, of Santa Rosa, is suspected of accepting counterfeit $20 and $100 bills from three men who purchased electronic merchandise at the Target store and then returned the items for cash at other Bay Area Target stores, Sgt. Mike Lazzarini said.
The investigation began Aug. 1 when security personnel at the Target store in the Santa Rosa Marketplace noticed Anderson was receiving a disproportionate number of counterfeit $100 and $20 bills at her register, Lazzarini said.
Santa Rosa police monitored the transactions over the past two weeks and linked Anderson to three Cotati men who passed $4,000 in counterfeit bills, Lazzarini said.
Detectives found counterfeit currency when they served search warrants Monday at two homes in Cotati and one in Santa Rosa, Lazzarini said. All four suspects were arrested.
Anderson was booked into Sonoma County jail on charges of conspiracy, being an accessory and embezzlement.
Isaiah Harris, 30, of Cotati, was booked on suspicion of possessing counterfeit bills and conspiracy.
Jacob Allred, 19, of Santa Rosa was booked for passing counterfeit money, burglary, grand theft and conspiracy.
The fourth suspect, Jared Allison, 24, of Cotati, was booked on charges of making or passing counterfeit money, burglary, grand theft and conspiracy.
U.S. Secret Service agents served the search warrants with Santa Rosa police, but federal charges are not being sought, Lazzarini said.
crime, cotati, sonoma county, north bay news
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids 1 min ago
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond 46 min ago
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos