North Bay News
1 injured when car goes down Hwy 29 embankment
One person was airlifted to a hospital after a Jeep Cherokee went down an embankment off of state Highway 29 north of Calistoga in Napa County this afternoon.
The Jeep left the roadway and crashed at about 1:15 p.m. The California Highway Patrol and Cal Fire responded.
CHP Officer Ryan O' Day said a CHP helicopter was sent to the scene.
A Cal Fire spokesman said the occupant was extricated from the Jeep and flown to a hospital.
The Jeep went about 50 feet down the embankment but did not catch fire, the spokesman said.
napa county, car crash, highway 29, north bay news
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer 49 min ago
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos