North Bay News
1 injured when car goes down Hwy 29 embankment
One person was airlifted to a hospital after a Jeep Cherokee went down an embankment off of state Highway 29 north of Calistoga in Napa County this afternoon.
The Jeep left the roadway and crashed at about 1:15 p.m. The California Highway Patrol and Cal Fire responded.
CHP Officer Ryan O' Day said a CHP helicopter was sent to the scene.
A Cal Fire spokesman said the occupant was extricated from the Jeep and flown to a hospital.
The Jeep went about 50 feet down the embankment but did not catch fire, the spokesman said.
napa county, car crash, highway 29, north bay news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos