North Bay News
High speed Vallejo police chase has fiery ending
VALLEJO, CA (KGO) -- A police chase spanned from the North Bay to the East Bay.
It all began when Vallejo police were chasing a stolen car at speeds above 100 miles per hour. The car eventually crashed into a parked truck near Roosevelt Street and Harbor Way in Richmond.
The truck caught fire and the flames spread to the building with six residential units on the upper floors. No one inside was hurt.
Fire crews put the fire out quickly, and determined that the building was damaged, but was still safe enough for residents to return.
The driver of the car is hospitalized with moderate injuries. Police say he faces numerous charges. A female passenger was also detained.
car crash, car fire, vallejo, richmond, north bay news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food 9 min ago
- Actor Brad Pitt says he suffers from prosopagnosia 51 min ago
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos