North Bay News
High speed Vallejo police chase has fiery ending
VALLEJO, CA (KGO) -- A police chase spanned from the North Bay to the East Bay.
It all began when Vallejo police were chasing a stolen car at speeds above 100 miles per hour. The car eventually crashed into a parked truck near Roosevelt Street and Harbor Way in Richmond.
The truck caught fire and the flames spread to the building with six residential units on the upper floors. No one inside was hurt.
Fire crews put the fire out quickly, and determined that the building was damaged, but was still safe enough for residents to return.
The driver of the car is hospitalized with moderate injuries. Police say he faces numerous charges. A female passenger was also detained.
car crash, car fire, vallejo, richmond, north bay news
- Elderly man detained in NKorea reunited with family
- Freeze Warning in place for most of the Bay Area
- Court records show MLB denied A's move to San Jose
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Stanford Rose Bowl-bound after beating ASU
- Man fatally stabbed on East 20th Street in Oakland 28 min ago
- Lane of Highway 101 closed after car crashes into pole 7 min ago
- Batkid returns to SF for Make-A-Wish fundraiser
- Thompson has 30 and Warriors top Grizzlies 108-82
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday