North Bay News
Petaluma opens cooling center for today, Tuesday
PETALUMA, CA -- The Petaluma Community Center will be open as a cooling center until 8 p.m. today and Tuesday, Petaluma Fire Department officials said. The center, located at 320 N. McDowell Blvd., will provide an air-conditioned room and ice water.
Pets are not allowed to roam freely at the center, and Petaluma Animal Control will provide on-site shelters for small pets, fire department officials said. Reptiles are excluded from the shelter, but assistance animals will be allowed.
Guests must sign in and may bring ready-to-eat food only. Kitchen access will not be available to visitors.
One small tote bag and daypack is allowed per person.
heat wave, petaluma, sonoma county, north bay news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF 2 min ago
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- SamTrans bus hits low hanging wire in San Mateo
- San Jose firefighters control 1-alarm house fire
- 'Attractive & Fat' campaign slams Abercrombie & Fitch
- Results of Consumer Reports test of sunscreens
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Missing pony; High-speed rail
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos