North Bay News
Petaluma opens cooling center for today, Tuesday
PETALUMA, CA -- The Petaluma Community Center will be open as a cooling center until 8 p.m. today and Tuesday, Petaluma Fire Department officials said. The center, located at 320 N. McDowell Blvd., will provide an air-conditioned room and ice water.
Pets are not allowed to roam freely at the center, and Petaluma Animal Control will provide on-site shelters for small pets, fire department officials said. Reptiles are excluded from the shelter, but assistance animals will be allowed.
Guests must sign in and may bring ready-to-eat food only. Kitchen access will not be available to visitors.
One small tote bag and daypack is allowed per person.
heat wave, petaluma, sonoma county, north bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos