North Bay News
Fairfield mom killed twins with samurai-style sword
FAIRFIELD, Calif. (KGO) -- Fairfield police say the mother accused of killing her twin daughters stabbed them with a samurai-style sword.
Monica McCarrick will be charged with murder. She is to be booked at Solano County jail after she is released from the hospital.
Police say McCarrick set her apartment on fire after she stabbed her daughters.
Neighbors kicked in the door, but were driven back by smoke and heat from the fire.
Investigators say they still have no idea what sparked her rampage.
fairfield, child death, solano county, crime, north bay news
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline 8 min ago
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas 57 min ago
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- 'SNL' plans to add black female cast member
- Cal Poly finds frat party didn't violate policies
- Armed robbery at bingo fundraiser in San Jose
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
58 min ago