North Bay News
Fairfield mom killed twins with samurai-style sword
FAIRFIELD, Calif. (KGO) -- Fairfield police say the mother accused of killing her twin daughters stabbed them with a samurai-style sword.
Monica McCarrick will be charged with murder. She is to be booked at Solano County jail after she is released from the hospital.
Police say McCarrick set her apartment on fire after she stabbed her daughters.
Neighbors kicked in the door, but were driven back by smoke and heat from the fire.
Investigators say they still have no idea what sparked her rampage.
fairfield, child death, solano county, crime, north bay news
- Statewide AMBER Alert issued for abducted LA kids 5 min ago
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Paul Stanley: Kiss miffed at Rock Hall over snub
- Brentwood students facing charges for sexting scandal
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos