North Bay News
Mom pleads not guilty in stabbing deaths of kids
FAIRFIELD, Calif. (KGO) -- A Fairfield mother has pleaded not guilty to charges that she murdered her 3-year-old twin girls.
Authorities say 28-year-old Monica McCarrick stabbed the girls multiple times before attempting to take her own life and set fire to her apartment. Fire and police officials responding to the Oct. 12 blaze found the bodies of the girls, Tori and Lily Ball.
McCarrick was arraigned on murder charges from her hospital bed at John Muir Medical Center on Friday. The Solano County Public Defender's Office was appointed to represent her.
Investigators have not released a possible motive or the weapon used in the attack. But a neighbor who entered the apartment during the fire has said he saw a bloody sword and a bottle of pills in the hallway.
A court hearing on the case is scheduled for Nov. 17.
fairfield, child death, solano county, crime, north bay news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 4 min ago
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline
- Poll: Teens migrating to Twitter
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Super Bowl 50 party begins in Santa Clara
42 min ago
- Khaled Hosseini releases new book on...
24 min ago