North Bay News
Mom pleads not guilty in stabbing deaths of kids
FAIRFIELD, Calif. (KGO) -- A Fairfield mother has pleaded not guilty to charges that she murdered her 3-year-old twin girls.
Authorities say 28-year-old Monica McCarrick stabbed the girls multiple times before attempting to take her own life and set fire to her apartment. Fire and police officials responding to the Oct. 12 blaze found the bodies of the girls, Tori and Lily Ball.
McCarrick was arraigned on murder charges from her hospital bed at John Muir Medical Center on Friday. The Solano County Public Defender's Office was appointed to represent her.
Investigators have not released a possible motive or the weapon used in the attack. But a neighbor who entered the apartment during the fire has said he saw a bloody sword and a bottle of pills in the hallway.
A court hearing on the case is scheduled for Nov. 17.
fairfield, child death, solano county, crime, north bay news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos