North Bay News
Fourth in string of auto thefts reported Thursday
SAUSALITO, Calif. -- A series of auto thefts in Sausalito continued Thursday when a man stole a vehicle in front of a 7-Eleven store, police said.
The driver left the 2000 BMW 528 running and the doors unlocked while he ran into the store at 1901 Bridgeway around 12:50 a.m., police Lt. Kurtis Skoog said.
The suspect got into the car and fled east on Easterby Street, Skoog said.
Officers from the Sausalito and Mill Valley police departments and the Marin County Sheriff's Office searched for the stolen car but did not find it, Skoog said.
It was the fourth auto theft since Oct. 12, police said. All the vehicles were unlocked with the keys inside.
A 2003 BMW X5 was stolen from a driveway on Spencer Court on Oct. 15, a 2002 Ford Escape was stolen from the 50 block of Filbert Street on Oct. 14, and a 2000 Acura TL was taken from the 400 block of Sausalito Boulevard on Oct. 12, according to police.
Police have found two of the vehicles and are reminding residents to lock their vehicles and remove any spare keys inside them, Skoog said.
crime, sausalito, north bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead' 25 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos