North Bay News
One killed in big-rig crash in Vallejo
VALLEJO, Calif. -- One person has been killed in a big-rig crash in Vallejo this morning.
California Highway Patrol Sgt. Jeff Page said the driver of a big-rig traveling west on Interstate Highway 80 exited at Columbus Parkway at about 7:15 a.m. and failed to negotiate a curve.
The big-rig struck a dirt embankment and caught fire, Page said. Another vehicle may have been involved, he said.
At least one fatality has been reported, Page said.
Access to Columbus Parkway from eastbound state Highway 37 and westbound I-80 in Vallejo is blocked for several hours.
A Sig-alert was issued just before 8 a.m.
car crash, vallejo, solano county, north bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF 18 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks 12 min ago
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Missing woman from Benicia found in Alpine County
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
18 min ago
- International effort underway to find...
27 min ago
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting...
12 min ago