North Bay News
Police seeks suspects after Marin Co. chase
TIBURON, Calif. -- Tiburon police are searching for two men who led authorities on a chase through southern Marin County after burglarizing parked cars Monday morning.
A resident of Mar East Street in Tiburon called police at about 5:30 a.m. after seeing the men looking into cars parked on the street and opening the door of one of the vehicles, police said.
When the witness yelled at the men that he was calling authorities, they fled in a dark car toward Paradise Drive, according to police.
Officers from neighboring Belvedere located the suspects and gave chase, but quickly lost sight of the vehicle.
The men were then spotted by Twin Cities police in Corte Madera, but fled on U.S. Highway 101, driving south in the northbound lanes to Tiburon Boulevard, where they exited the freeway.
Tiburon police chased the car to Jefferson Drive, where the men abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot through backyards in the Belveron East neighborhood, police said.
Tiburon police set up a perimeter and alerted residents of the situation.
One resident reported seeing the men on Juno Road around 6 a.m., but police concluded that the suspects had left the area after another Juno Road resident later reported that his car had been stolen from his driveway.
Police are continuing to investigate the case and ask anyone with information to contact the department at (415) 789-2801.
marin county, highway 101, police chase, tiburon, north bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro 27 min ago
- San Jose man charged in two violent sexual assaults 31 min ago
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos