North Bay News
Police seeks suspects after Marin Co. chase
TIBURON, Calif. -- Tiburon police are searching for two men who led authorities on a chase through southern Marin County after burglarizing parked cars Monday morning.
A resident of Mar East Street in Tiburon called police at about 5:30 a.m. after seeing the men looking into cars parked on the street and opening the door of one of the vehicles, police said.
When the witness yelled at the men that he was calling authorities, they fled in a dark car toward Paradise Drive, according to police.
Officers from neighboring Belvedere located the suspects and gave chase, but quickly lost sight of the vehicle.
The men were then spotted by Twin Cities police in Corte Madera, but fled on U.S. Highway 101, driving south in the northbound lanes to Tiburon Boulevard, where they exited the freeway.
Tiburon police chased the car to Jefferson Drive, where the men abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot through backyards in the Belveron East neighborhood, police said.
Tiburon police set up a perimeter and alerted residents of the situation.
One resident reported seeing the men on Juno Road around 6 a.m., but police concluded that the suspects had left the area after another Juno Road resident later reported that his car had been stolen from his driveway.
Police are continuing to investigate the case and ask anyone with information to contact the department at (415) 789-2801.
marin county, highway 101, police chase, tiburon, north bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case