North Bay News
3 elderly residents displaced by apparent stove fire
A Rohnert Park stove fire was successfully contained to the kitchen of an impacted residence in a multi-department effort Saturday evening, but the residents of the home were displaced and the significant damage was caused, fire authorities said.
The fire was reported to the city's joint police and fire department - the Rohnert Park Department of Public Safety - at approximately 8:50 p.m. Saturday, the department reported.
Emergency responders were on the scene of the fire at 6395 San Simeon Drive near the Rohnert Park Expressway within three minutes, the safety department said.
Firefighters reported heavy smoke billowing from the single-story residence upon arrival, and an officer immediately ran inside to ensure all the residents had been evacuated.
Inside the house, the officer saw a fire that investigators believe began at the stove and spread to the cabinets and ceiling, the safety department said.
Engines from the Rancho Adobe and Rincon Valley fire protection districts assisted the two Rohnert Park fire engines at the scene in what the Rohnert Park safety department calls "an aggressive fire attack" that kept the blaze from spreading to the attic.
The flames were contained to the home's kitchen, but areas of the residence near the kitchen sustained minor heat and smoke damage, the department said. The department estimated damages would total about $25,000.
Three elderly residents were displaced by the fire and the Red Cross was contacted to assist them, a Rohnert Park Department of Public Safety dispatcher said. No injuries were reported.
rohnert park, fire, north bay news
- Target apologizes after massive data breach 57 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes 32 min ago
- Oakland family requests feeding tube for girl 18 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus 55 min ago
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Four boys cited for wielding replica pistol in Hercules
- Elderly woman punched in SF purse snatching
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- BART Board president wants to ban transit...
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos