North Bay News
Black Ice causes car accidents in Sonoma County
SANTA ROSA, Calif. (KGO) -- Black ice on a road in Sonoma County caused two accidents within a mile of each other on Tuesday morning.
One car went off Porter Creek Road, down a 25-foot embankment and crashed into the side of a home. A pregnant woman was in her bedroom at the time, and was showered in broken glass. Neither the driver nor the woman inside was hurt.
"I'm very grateful my house has steel beams in it, and the steel beams saved my life and I'm very happy that myself and my baby are OK, my husband wasn't home and everything is OK," resident Christina Barber said.
Another crash down porter creek road sent an SUV down the embankment. The driver of that vehicle suffered only minor injuries.
freeze, sonoma county, car crash, north bay news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 56 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 41 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 5 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland 2 min ago
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years 45 min ago
- Actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers 4 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued 9 min ago
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
56 min ago