North Bay News
Search continues for missing kayaker missing
LAKE BERRYESSA, Calif. -- The Napa County Sheriff's Office is still searching the southern shoreline of Lake Berryessa today for a kayaker who disappeared Thursday.
Search-and-rescue personnel found a 15-foot Wilderness Systems Zephyr kayak belonging to 60-year-old Thomas Davidson, of Marysville, at about noon Friday, sheriff's Capt. Tracey Stuart said this morning.
The kayak had taken on some water but was still afloat and drifting near the shore at Peek-a-boo Point, Stuart said.
Davidson's name was on a piece of paper in a plastic bag and on the tag of a life preserver found in the kayak, Stuart said.
His driver's license was found inside his Mercedes station wagon, which was parked at Markley Cove, Stuart said.
Davidson's wife, a resident of Montreal, Canada, called the Napa County Sheriff's Office at about 8 a.m. Friday to report that her husband had told her Thursday he planned to go kayaking at the lake but that she had not heard from him since, Stuart said.
The couple has been together for 12 years but lived separately, Stuart said.
The U.S. Coast Guard and California Highway Patrol joined the air, ground and water search for Davidson over the weekend.
"There was no point where he was last seen," Stuart said.
Davidson has no known physical health issues and he did not make any threats to harm himself, Stuart said.
The sheriff's office is searching the lake's shoreline by boat today, Stuart said.
missing person, napa county, north bay news
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San Francisco 15 min ago
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Fremont roadway closed after car strikes utility pole 17 min ago
- Emergency officials monitor Wichita-area tornado
- Nicasio lifts Rockies to 5-0 win over Giants 10 min ago
- Cespedes homer helps A's complete sweep of Royals 40 min ago
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Warriors PG Stephen Curry set to receive key to city
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife 41 min ago
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San...
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos