North Bay News
Meth lab discovered during probation search
SONOMA, Calif. -- A man was arrested Thursday afternoon when a methamphetamine lab was found in the bathroom of his Sonoma home during a probation search, according to the Sonoma County Sheriff's Office.
Kevin Haywood, 44, was arrested following the discovery during a search of his home at about 1 p.m. Thursday in the 500 block of First Street East, sheriff's officials said.
Haywood was arrested on suspicion of manufacturing an illegal meth lab, possession of illegal drugs, and possession of illegal drugs within 1,000 feet of a school, according to the sheriff's office.
Sonoma Valley Christian School is located nearby at 542 First St. E.
Authorities processed and removed the meth lab from the property later Thursday, sheriff's officials said.
drugs, crime, sonoma, north bay news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Some stores offering last minute holiday...
38 min ago