North Bay News
Meth lab discovered during probation search
SONOMA, Calif. -- A man was arrested Thursday afternoon when a methamphetamine lab was found in the bathroom of his Sonoma home during a probation search, according to the Sonoma County Sheriff's Office.
Kevin Haywood, 44, was arrested following the discovery during a search of his home at about 1 p.m. Thursday in the 500 block of First Street East, sheriff's officials said.
Haywood was arrested on suspicion of manufacturing an illegal meth lab, possession of illegal drugs, and possession of illegal drugs within 1,000 feet of a school, according to the sheriff's office.
Sonoma Valley Christian School is located nearby at 542 First St. E.
Authorities processed and removed the meth lab from the property later Thursday, sheriff's officials said.
drugs, crime, sonoma, north bay news
- Man impaled, killed by pipe through windshield
- Officials: All accounted for after Oklahoma tornado
- Surprise sting targets passenger vehicles at SFO
- Cause of grass fire in San Jose under investigation
- Safety recommendations released for America's Cup
- Immigrant families disappointed by Feinstein's vote
- Super Bowl 50 bid committee returns to Bay Area
- Dealers in training ahead of new casino opening
- Man makes firearm using 3-D printer
- Helen Mirren steps in to help grant dying boy's wish
- Homeless woman defies odds, graduates from UOP
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Crissy Field art; Richmond shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
36 min ago