North Bay News
North America's oldest elephant dies in Vallejo
VALLEJO, Calif. (KGO) -- Trainers at Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo are mourning the loss of Taj, the oldest elephant in North America.
The 71-year-old has been with discovery kingdom since 1978, when it was known as marine world, in Redwood City.
Before that, she traveled with Circus Vargas, and once belonged to the Hare Krishnas. Her trainer called her one of the sweetest elephants you'll ever meet and the cause of death will be determined at U.C. Davis.
vallejo, animal, north bay news
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman 28 min ago
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Wing cracks lead to Dreamliner production delay
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires 58 min ago
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday