North Bay News
SMART train to include San Rafael station
The SMART train commuter rail line in the North Bay will include a station in San Rafael.
The Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit Board approved the station on Wednesday. The plan is to create rail service from downtown San Rafael to Santa Rosa. That project would begin in three years.
Other plans, including a link to the Larkspur Ferry Terminal would come later.
As for funding, the board has yet to figure out how to cover an estimated $350 million budget shortfall.
north bay news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket 36 min ago
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Bay Bridge bolt fix running a month behind schedule 29 min ago
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water 10 min ago
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 9 min ago
- Woman distracted by FB on phone falls off pier 52 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- SF supervisor proposes ban on botled water
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos