North Bay News
Missing 90-year-old woman found in Marin County
SAUSALITO, Calif. -- A 90-year-old Sausalito woman who went missing early Monday was found safe this morning, police said.
Yin Cheng, of Sausalito, had last been seen in the 400 block of North Street at 7 a.m. She was getting ready to take her usual one- to two-hour morning walk, police said.
Due to her age, police and family members were concerned for her safety, especially because she had no history of returning home late. She does not speak English, wasn't carrying identification, and didn't have access to money, police said.
She was found shortly before 8 a.m. today in the area of Kirby Cove campground in the Marin Headlands. She appeared to be OK, but was taken to a hospital to be evaluated.
Dozens of searchers, including Sausalito police and Southern Marin Fire Department, had scoured the Sausalito area until midnight and were in the process of expanding the search when she was found this morning.
sausalito, missing person, north bay news
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support 30 min ago
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed 56 min ago
- Another mistake found in BART union contract 59 min ago
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue
- 7 OYS puts waterproof smartphone case to the test 53 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban 56 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
6 min ago
- Journals show students' despair, hope
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos