North Bay News
Missing 90-year-old woman found in Marin County
SAUSALITO, Calif. -- A 90-year-old Sausalito woman who went missing early Monday was found safe this morning, police said.
Yin Cheng, of Sausalito, had last been seen in the 400 block of North Street at 7 a.m. She was getting ready to take her usual one- to two-hour morning walk, police said.
Due to her age, police and family members were concerned for her safety, especially because she had no history of returning home late. She does not speak English, wasn't carrying identification, and didn't have access to money, police said.
She was found shortly before 8 a.m. today in the area of Kirby Cove campground in the Marin Headlands. She appeared to be OK, but was taken to a hospital to be evaluated.
Dozens of searchers, including Sausalito police and Southern Marin Fire Department, had scoured the Sausalito area until midnight and were in the process of expanding the search when she was found this morning.
sausalito, missing person, north bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Sunnyvale's 'Blue Cube' gets torn down
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed