North Bay News
Daughter of murdered psych tech sues Napa Hospital
NAPA, Calif. (KGO) -- The daughter of a Napa State Hospital worker found dead on the facility's grounds has filed a lawsuit against the hospital and the state of California.
Psychiatric technician Donna Gross was strangled at the Napa hospital last October. Jess Massey, 37, is charged in the attack. He has pleaded not guilty.
The lawsuit claims the state is responsible for Gross' death and the suffering and emotional distress of her family. The lawsuit also claims the hospital violated state labor code and was aware that its alarm system was flawed.
napa, crime, mental health, north bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Crash forces elementary school closure in San Rafael 20 min ago
- Family escapes house fire in Oakland overnight
- Hwy 85 connector ramp reopened after fatal crash 50 min ago
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday