North Bay News
CHP arrests two teens for DUI
MARIN COUNTY, Calif. -- California Highway Patrol officers arrested a pair of teenagers on suspicion of driving under the influence early Saturday morning in two unrelated incidents that occurred within about an hour of each other.
Shortly before 1 a.m., a 16-year-old San Rafael boy was arrested after his car struck the center median of northbound U.S. Highway 101 near the Seminary Drive off-ramp.
After the crash, the boy proceeded to drive the damaged vehicle to Corte Madera, where a security guard patrolling the area reported the battered vehicle to Twin Cities police, CHP officials said.
Police detained the boy and his juvenile passenger and determined that both were intoxicated, according to the CHP.
Twin Cities police called in the CHP to conduct an investigation, which resulted in the arrest of the 16-year-old boy on suspicion of driving under the influence.
Additionally, the teen violated his driver's license restrictions by having a juvenile passenger and by driving after 11 p.m., according to the CHP.
About an hour later, a 17-year-old Kentfield boy was arrested in Corte Madera for driving under the influence and for having alcohol in his car.
At approximately 2 a.m., CHP officers pulled over a car just south of the Tamalpais Drive overcrossing in Corte Madera and determined that the teen driver was intoxicated.
Officers arrested the boy, and his 17-year-old passenger was cited for being a minor in possession of alcohol in a vehicle.
A bottle of rum, a bottle of vodka and 14 cans of beer were found in the car, according to the CHP.
CHP confiscated the alcohol and released the teens to the custody of their parents.
DUI, marin county, CHP, north bay news
- Occupy the Farm protesters returning to Albany land
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Cyclists converge in Livermore for Amgen Tour of CA
- Free dental care offered at SJ Convention Center
- Missing 3-year-old Hayward boy found
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- Witnesses: Car strikes crowd at Va. parade
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom 1 min ago
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday