North Bay News
Suspect leaves behind shoes, keys during burglary
COTATI, Calif. -- Two burglary suspects made themselves easy to find after leaving personal items behind at a home in Cotati this morning, police said.
A man and a woman entered an occupied home in the 100 block of East Cotati Avenue just after 5 a.m., according to police.
The victim, who was home asleep when the suspects entered, told dispatchers that he chased two people out of his home and that they left with his property.
In a panic, one of the suspects left their shoes and keys to the getaway car in the victim's home, police said.
When they realized they couldn't escape with the victim's property, they discarded the stolen items nearby.
Cotati police officers arrived on scene, found the suspects at the car and took them into custody, police said.
The suspects were identified as 28-year-old Charles Moreno of Fairfield and Jamie Butte, 26, also of Fairfield.
Both suspects were booked into Sonoma County Jail for burglary.
All of the victim's property was recovered.
crime, cotati, north bay news
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Broken water line in San Francisco's Lower Haight 4 min ago
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
27 min ago