North Bay News
Suspect leaves behind shoes, keys during burglary
COTATI, Calif. -- Two burglary suspects made themselves easy to find after leaving personal items behind at a home in Cotati this morning, police said.
A man and a woman entered an occupied home in the 100 block of East Cotati Avenue just after 5 a.m., according to police.
The victim, who was home asleep when the suspects entered, told dispatchers that he chased two people out of his home and that they left with his property.
In a panic, one of the suspects left their shoes and keys to the getaway car in the victim's home, police said.
When they realized they couldn't escape with the victim's property, they discarded the stolen items nearby.
Cotati police officers arrived on scene, found the suspects at the car and took them into custody, police said.
The suspects were identified as 28-year-old Charles Moreno of Fairfield and Jamie Butte, 26, also of Fairfield.
Both suspects were booked into Sonoma County Jail for burglary.
All of the victim's property was recovered.
crime, cotati, north bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro 34 min ago
- San Jose man charged in two violent sexual assaults 38 min ago
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- BART makes no progress on contract talks
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos