North Bay News
Suspect leaves behind shoes, keys during burglary
COTATI, Calif. -- Two burglary suspects made themselves easy to find after leaving personal items behind at a home in Cotati this morning, police said.
A man and a woman entered an occupied home in the 100 block of East Cotati Avenue just after 5 a.m., according to police.
The victim, who was home asleep when the suspects entered, told dispatchers that he chased two people out of his home and that they left with his property.
In a panic, one of the suspects left their shoes and keys to the getaway car in the victim's home, police said.
When they realized they couldn't escape with the victim's property, they discarded the stolen items nearby.
Cotati police officers arrived on scene, found the suspects at the car and took them into custody, police said.
The suspects were identified as 28-year-old Charles Moreno of Fairfield and Jamie Butte, 26, also of Fairfield.
Both suspects were booked into Sonoma County Jail for burglary.
All of the victim's property was recovered.
crime, cotati, north bay news
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado 48 min ago
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes 12 min ago
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Orinda fire; Obama coming to Bay Area 59 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday