North Bay News
Man killed in shooting, girlfriend's brother arrested
A Cloverdale man has been arrested on suspicion of fatally shooting his sister's boyfriend on Tuesday night at a house near Healdsburg that all three of them once shared, a Sonoma County sheriff's lieutenant said Wednesday morning.
The victim, 29-year-old Timothy Neuer, was shot at a home in the 300 block of Alexander Valley Road that he shared with his girlfriend, Amanda Miller, sheriff's Lt. Dennis O'Leary said.
Miller's brother, 29-year-old Jarrod Miller, had recently moved out of the house, O'Leary said.
Amanda Miller told sheriff's deputies her brother was at the house Tuesday night, O' Leary said.
"She said there was no argument. Everything seemed fine until he started shooting," O' Leary said.
Amanda Miller reported the shooting to the sheriff's office around 11:20 p.m., Lt. Steve Brown said.
She left the house and closed the front door after the shooting, and was outside on the property when deputies arrived, O' Leary said.
Deputies broke down the locked front door and found Neuer dead on the floor, Brown said. He had been shot several times.
Miller told deputies her brother had left with a handgun in a white Chevrolet Suburban, Brown said.
Windsor police officers spotted the Suburban traveling south on Old Redwood Highway north of Limerick Lane and arrested Miller, Brown said.
He told the officers he had thrown the gun out the car window just before he was pulled over, Brown said.
A California Highway Patrol officer found the small-caliber handgun in a vineyard about 500 yards north of where Miller was stopped, Brown said.
O'Leary said a "substantial" indoor marijuana grow was found in the house where the shooting happened. He said investigators don't believe the killing was related to the marijuana grow.
The sheriff's office is still investigating the motive for the shooting.
sonoma county, cloverdale, healdsburg, shooting, marijuana, north bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord
- Two lanes of WB I-80 in SF blocked due to accident 27 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos