North Bay News
Man killed in shooting, girlfriend's brother arrested
A Cloverdale man pleaded not guilty Friday morning in Sonoma County Superior Court to fatally shooting his sister's boyfriend at a residence near Healdsburg last week.
Jarrod Joseph Miller, 29, is accused of the first-degree murder of Timothy Neuer, 29, of Healdsburg on March 8.
He is being held under no bail in Sonoma County Jail and is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday when a preliminary hearing date will be set.
Neuer's girlfriend Amanda Miller called the sheriff's office around 11:20 p.m. on March 8 to report her brother shot her boyfriend and left the residence in the 300 block of Alexander Valley Road in unincorporated Sonoma County in a white Chevrolet Suburban.
She said her brother showed up at the house shortly before the shooting.
Windsor police arrested Miller during a traffic stop on Old Redwood Highway north of Limerick Lane in Windsor shortly after the shooting.
Miller said he threw the gun out the vehicle's window just before he was stopped by police, sheriff's Lt. Steve Brown said. A California Highway Patrol officer found the gun in a vineyard 500 yards north of where Miller was stopped.
Deputies found Neuer's body on the floor inside the residence. He was shot several times, Brown said.
Sheriff's Lt. Dennis O' Leary said all three once lived in the house but Miller had recently moved to Cloverdale.
Miller also is charged with use of a weapon causing great bodily injury. Deputy District Attorney Scott Jamar said the gun that killed Neuer was a .30-caliber semi-automatic pistol.
Miller faces 50 years to life in prison if he is convicted of first-degree murder and the weapon charge, Jamar said.
sonoma county, cloverdale, healdsburg, shooting, marijuana, north bay news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting 37 min ago
- Police investigate shootings that hospitalized two men 20 min ago
- FEMA to fund removal of trees from East Bay Hills
- Credit card skimming devices found at 2 gas stations 9 min ago
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- Grenade found in San Jose garage detonated safely
- abcnews: Rumor: Beyonce pregnant with 2nd child
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Bay to Breakers
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday