North Bay News
More than 165,000 PG&E customers lose power
More than 50,000 PG&E customers were without power this afternoon in Marin, Sonoma and Monterey counties, a utility spokesman said.
At about 1:30 p.m., an outage was reported in PG&E's power transmission system, interrupting service to about 165,000 customers throughout the North Bay counties and in cities on the Central Coast, including Carmel, Marina and Monterey, PG&E spokesman J.D. Guidi said.
Utility crews had not determined the cause of the outage, Guidi said.
Power was being systematically restored throughout the outage area, Guidi said.
As of 3:30 p.m., more than two-thirds of the affected customers had their utility service restored.
power outage, PG&E, marin county, sonoma county, monterey county, north bay news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake 38 min ago
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond 6 min ago
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
27 min ago