North Bay News
More than 165,000 PG&E customers lose power
More than 50,000 PG&E customers were without power this afternoon in Marin, Sonoma and Monterey counties, a utility spokesman said.
At about 1:30 p.m., an outage was reported in PG&E's power transmission system, interrupting service to about 165,000 customers throughout the North Bay counties and in cities on the Central Coast, including Carmel, Marina and Monterey, PG&E spokesman J.D. Guidi said.
Utility crews had not determined the cause of the outage, Guidi said.
Power was being systematically restored throughout the outage area, Guidi said.
As of 3:30 p.m., more than two-thirds of the affected customers had their utility service restored.
power outage, PG&E, marin county, sonoma county, monterey county, north bay news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- 7 On Your Side: Save on summer vacation flights
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday