North Bay News
More than 165,000 PG&E customers lose power
More than 50,000 PG&E customers were without power this afternoon in Marin, Sonoma and Monterey counties, a utility spokesman said.
At about 1:30 p.m., an outage was reported in PG&E's power transmission system, interrupting service to about 165,000 customers throughout the North Bay counties and in cities on the Central Coast, including Carmel, Marina and Monterey, PG&E spokesman J.D. Guidi said.
Utility crews had not determined the cause of the outage, Guidi said.
Power was being systematically restored throughout the outage area, Guidi said.
As of 3:30 p.m., more than two-thirds of the affected customers had their utility service restored.
power outage, PG&E, marin county, sonoma county, monterey county, north bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway 57 min ago
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing 55 min ago
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno...
55 min ago