North Bay News
More than 165,000 PG&E customers lose power
More than 50,000 PG&E customers were without power this afternoon in Marin, Sonoma and Monterey counties, a utility spokesman said.
At about 1:30 p.m., an outage was reported in PG&E's power transmission system, interrupting service to about 165,000 customers throughout the North Bay counties and in cities on the Central Coast, including Carmel, Marina and Monterey, PG&E spokesman J.D. Guidi said.
Utility crews had not determined the cause of the outage, Guidi said.
Power was being systematically restored throughout the outage area, Guidi said.
As of 3:30 p.m., more than two-thirds of the affected customers had their utility service restored.
power outage, PG&E, marin county, sonoma county, monterey county, north bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars 20 min ago
- Free health clinics to take place in the Bay Area 52 min ago
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos