North Bay News
Children missing in Solano Co. found safe
FAIRFIELD, Calif. (KGO) -- Two Fairfield children are back home with their father. They had been missing since Friday when their mother took them shopping and then disappeared for a day and a half.
The children you see jumping up and down are the stewart children who are now again a complete family. They're
Saturday night, the Stewart children and their father celebrated their reunion at the Solano County Sheriff's Department after the children were taken by their mother Friday evening and were not heard of for more than 30 hours.
ABC7 was at the Stewart home with the children's grandmother when the call came in that the kids had been found.
ABC7 arrived at the sheriff's department just before deputies led Cassondra Stewart into the building with her hand cuffed behind her back.
The sheriff's department had put out a statewide missing persons alert for Stewart and her two children. They initially thought she would do the children harm.
The Solano County Sheriff's Department says they have called child protective services. They want to find out why this happened and what the family dynamic is so they can prevent this from happening again.
child abduction, fairfield, solano county, north bay news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk 28 min ago
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash 52 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors put to the test
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday