North Bay News
Another assault reported at Napa State Hospital
NAPA, Calif. (KGO) -- Another assault at Napa State Hospital comes less than a month after the hospital was fined $100,000 for safety violations after a series of violent attacks on workers there.
Hospital officials are not talking about the incident, but a union representative told ABC7 a psychiatric technician is recovering after being assaulted. It happened at 2:15 p.m. Sunday. The male technician was beaten up when he tried to go to the aid of a female colleague who was reportedly threatening and chasing the female technician. It is unclear what her condition is, but the male technician was treated at the hospital and later sought additional treatment with his own healthcare provider.
Hospital workers say this incident reaffirms their claims that conditions at the hospital are not safe, and that the proper measures have still not been taken since the murder last fall of nurse Donna Gross. A patient has been charged with strangling her last October. Workers have said in the past that they want police officers permanently stationed at the forensic units, but hospital officials argue that would take money the state does not have.
86 percent of the approximately 1,000 patients at the hospital were committed by the criminal courts.
napa, crime, mental health, napa state hospital, north bay news, lilian kim
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday