North Bay News
Child killed by vehicle south of Santa Rosa
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- A 5-year-old child was struck and killed by a vehicle on private property on Enterprise Road south of Santa Rosa around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to the California Highway Patrol.
A Sonoma County emergency dispatcher said the incident happened in the 5600 block of Enterprise Road, south of Bennett Valley Road in unincorporated Sonoma County.
The Glen Ellen and Bennett Valley fire departments responded, the dispatcher said.
The child's death was confirmed at 1:40 p.m., according to the CHP.
child death, pedestrian struck, north bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- 10-year-old San Leandro boy found safe
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire