North Bay News
Child killed by vehicle south of Santa Rosa
SANTA ROSA, Calif. -- A 5-year-old child was struck and killed by a vehicle on private property on Enterprise Road south of Santa Rosa around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to the California Highway Patrol.
A Sonoma County emergency dispatcher said the incident happened in the 5600 block of Enterprise Road, south of Bennett Valley Road in unincorporated Sonoma County.
The Glen Ellen and Bennett Valley fire departments responded, the dispatcher said.
The child's death was confirmed at 1:40 p.m., according to the CHP.
child death, pedestrian struck, north bay news
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Woman suspected of starting brush fire arrested 26 min ago
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops 46 min ago
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos